North Highland Employee Engagement and Experience Manager in London, United Kingdom
Job: Employee Engagement and Experience Manager
Share || Email this job
CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
Employee Engagement and Experience Manager
Sparks Grove is an experience design firm and a division of management consulting firm North Highland. We help businesses with their challenges, by creating experiences that matter and building things people love to use.
We work with a huge range of clients. In any week you might be helping a large corporate IT department roll out a big behavioral change, to designing an employee campaign with the head of marketing at a small startup.
Sparks Grove is well established in the US, and we opened our first office in the UK in 2017. Our home in Holborn Circus is open, energetic and fast growing. Our bright, capable people bring their whole selves to work and have a passion for building our business as well as helping our clients.
We’re looking for an Employee Engagement and Experience Manager to join our team.
You’ll work to lead engagements while evolving our methods, refining our approaches, and supporting new business efforts by scoping and proposing new work.
Day to day you’ll shape and lead small teams through client challenges; from translating strategies into stories, to exploring brand new experience propositions.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in:
- Planning and leading work streams and small teams within a variety of industries and organisations, with the ability to balance the needs of end users and the business.
- Delivering projects across various stages of the creative lifecycle - from unpacking client problems, understanding audiences, prototyping solutions, to launching and stewarding campaigns and designs.
- Leading people. Your role as a coach for our junior team members is one you enjoy and prioritise, helping our people develop both their technical and softer skills.
- Delivering projects of varied scope in a variety of industries - from big-picture strategic storytelling through to small-scale experience design. You have experience in not only designing effective solutions, but have a good grasp of the machinery required to make such experiences stick - working iteratively, engaging and testing with the audience throughout, and refining approach and prototypes based on feedback.
- Using practical tools and techniques to get to an effective solution. You’re familiar with design thinking, the adobe creative suite, journey mapping, storytelling, and have experience conducting audience research.
- Flexing how projects are shaped and delivered according to clients needs, adapting tools, methods and approaches accordingly, while always assuring quality completion of deliverables and outputs in line with set goals and objectives
- Supporting business development activities, specifically in contributing to and coordinating proposals, as well as pitching to clients
- Establishing immediate credibility and rapport with clients and maintaining ongoing professional relationships
Qualifications and Skills - The essentials
We’re a people first, relationship-based consultancy. That means we do work for people we get on well with and look out for each other when faced with a challenged. We hire for cultural fit as much as the skills you bring to the table.
The ideal Employee Engagement and Experience Manager has:
- Excellent communication skills, an empathetic approach to others, and an ability to quickly build relationships with almost anyone.
- Strong consulting skills, (which form the foundation of our work). You’ll enjoy unpacking client problems and managing projects, and be comfortable presenting your ideas and facilitating workshops.
- Strong visual design and good copywriting skills. You know your way around the Adobe Creative Suite and can train others to use the tools. And you’re not afraid of the written word; you know how to write a story or get a message out in a way that sticks with people.
- Excellent people management skills. You thrive when working with others, and enjoy developing and managing small teams.
Qualifications and Skills - Bonus
- External accreditation or recognition via professional bodies
- Creative and design thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
This job is for you if:
- You want to learn fast. You’ve got an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and the drive to go out and get it. And you know that learning fast means failing fast too. That’s OK. It’s how we progress.
- You like variety. You're curious, thrive off the unknown and enjoy exploring new skills, new ideas and new industries.
- You’ve got taste and empathy. You may or may not have a “traditional” design background, but you've got a good eye for design, a deep understanding of the customer, and can articulate how to design a great experience.
- You get stuck in. You want to get in at the ground floor of a small, vibrant business and put your own stamp on it, helping to shape the culture, traditions and client base and build the place where you want to work.
- You’re a great communicator. You can explain things in a simple, meaningful, compelling way.
And yes. We are fussy about who joins our team. Thanks for noticing. It’s a cliché, but our people are our biggest asset. We work hard to find the right ones.
Like the sound of this? Let’s talk!
Sparks Grove is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.