North Highland Manager - Financial Services in London, United Kingdom
Job: Manager - Financial Services
Share || Email this job
CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
North Highland believes in unleashing potential together. It means we challenge thinking and build our clients’ capabilities so they are stronger for the long-term. It means we create and nurture an environment for our colleagues where sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged – it’s expected. And it means we give our skills, time, and passion to uplift our communities. We act, create, and build – not just talk.
Does that sound like you? If so, let’s connect.
North Highland is looking to hire a Manager level Consultant to work as part of the Financial Services industry team. Working closely with the Financial Services AVP, this is a unique opportunity to develop and execute on a strategy and vision, and with your skills, grow a business unit in one of the UK’s most unique Management Consultancies.
Our Financial Services Team has demonstrated leadership and success in managing complex initiatives for Financial Services Clients across the sector including banking, insurance, pension, payments, wealth & asset management, fintech and regulation
We have a growth strategy in Financial Services with a specific focus on broadening our client base in Pensions & Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management. We serve these clients with offerings from all of our internal competencies including Customer experience, Transformation, Project & Programme Management, Data & Analytics, Strategy, Technology, Agile and People & Change.
Why North Highland? Our employee ownership model enables you to grow through your choices and build the firm. We’ll provide challenging opportunities to learn, and we’ll coach you as you grow personally and professionally. We offer an array of resources and training (both on- and off-the job) to help our people expand their knowledge, sharpen their skills and aim for the next level.
At North Highland, you’re not a number. Our firm is large enough to scale up and tackle the most complex challenges, but small enough where we can each quickly make our mark for our clients.
We started as three leaders gathered around a kitchen table. Entrepreneurial spirits are welcome here.
Exciting work you will do:
- Bring expertise in Financial Services to extensive engagements and develop in-depth solutions that enact long-term success for our clients.
- Draw on your own unique perspectives, personality, and creativity to think big about our clients’ challenges and develop creative solutions.
- Impact North Highland’s bottom line by building and leveraging client and team relationships that drive results and fuel growth.
- Identify and sell solutions that provide real value to clients through North Highland’s holistic approach to consulting. Become an expert in our full range of capabilities: Strategy, Technology, People & Change, Experience Design, Process and Business Analysis, Data & Analytics, Programme and Project Management, and Professional Staffing.
- Showcase yourself as a Financial Services thought leader by developing your professional network through association memberships, speaking and writing engagements, and community activities.
- Work with prestigious clients primarily located in the London area with some travel required.
- Lead a well-established, mid-sized team with ambitious, lively and collaborative members.
- Nurture your personal interests with our training programme, which can be applied to development activities and growth projects.
- Give back to your community through impactful local projects.
What you will need:
- Several years demonstrable management consulting, advisory, professional services and/or Big 4 consultancy – with strong experience across several different financial services clients and/or environments
- Expertise in one or more of the following capabilities, in a consulting capacity; Customer Experience, Technology, People & Change, Strategy, Complex Programme Management, Transformation, Agile, Performance Improvement, Mergers & Acquisitions
- A demonstrated track record of leading consulting engagements, including roles that involved building and fostering relationships with senior-level executives.
- Success in driving client account growth.
- An ability to authentically establish credibility, build consensus, and activate collaboration with clients and teammates.
- Creative ingenuity and a proven ability to find or design simple solutions to complex challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Superior self-awareness around personal strengths and growth opportunities.
- Generosity in sharing experiences, expertise and insights to help others develop and grow.
- Experience supporting business expansion opportunities within existing accounts and creating new business opportunities.
- Proposal development experience and a proven ability to effectively sell business solutions to clients.
- Experience developing high-performing teams in ways proven to drive desired business impact.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university. A master's degree and/or professional certifications are bonuses.
North Highland is a global management consulting firm known for helping clients solve their most complex challenges related to customer experience, performance improvement, technology and digital, and transformation. We add value and support our clients across the full spectrum of consulting, from strategy through delivery. We bring the big ideas, then we make them real. North Highland is an employee-owned firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with more than 3,000 consultants worldwide and 60+ offices around the globe. The firm is a member of Cordence Worldwide (www.cordenceworldwide.com), a global management consulting alliance. For more information, visit northhighland.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.