North Highland Senior Consultant - Employee Engagement and Experience in London, United Kingdom
Job: Senior Consultant - Employee Engagement and Experience
Share || Email this job
CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
Senior Consultant - Employee Engagement and Experience
In a nutshell
Sparks Grove is an experience design firm and a division of management consulting firm North Highland. We help businesses with their challenges, by creating experiences that matter and building things people love to use.
We work with a huge range of clients. In any week you might be helping a large corporate IT department roll out a big behavioral change, to designing an employee campaign with the head of marketing at a small startup.
Sparks Grove is well established in the US, and we opened our first office in the UK in 2017. Our home in Holborn Circus is open, energetic and fast growing. Our bright, capable people bring their whole selves to work and have a passion for building our business as well as helping our clients.
Why is this role important?
As a small team, Sparks Grove UK is all about our people. You won’t be a cog in a machine, or a faceless number. This role will allow you to shape our work, teams, business, and client relationships. You’ll typically work as part of compact project teams, helping to solve business problems using creativity and design thinking. We’ll expect you to model our values & behaviours and develop junior members of the team both on and off client projects.
Once here, you will:
- Design innovative solutions with our clients. You’ll facilitate business discussions, build relationships and credibility while working to understand the challenges they’re facing. After pinning down exactly what they need, you’ll work with your team to build high quality solutions that not only solve problems but look great too!
- Use your wit and communication skills to engage people. A good chunk of what we do is around finding ways to build more human connections in organisations. That might mean facilitating client meetings and workshops, shifting organisational cultures or using traditional and non-traditional communications channels to reach out and connect with people.
- Grow yourself and others. We love what we do here at Sparks Grove. You will too; so much so that you’re going to spend time proactively pursuing opportunities to extend your responsibilities and develop yourself, both on client projects and internal initiatives. That might mean learning new technical skills to complete a passion project, or challenging yourself to step outside your comfort zone and take on new responsibilities, or trying out a completely new approach to a client problem. It might feel uncomfortable at times, but we think that’s where we do our best work.
What can we offer you?
Sparks Grove is a bunch of bright, capable, curious people, working together find better ways for organisations and people to interact. As with any small team, we’re more of a family than a business. That means we expect a lot and are always looking for ways to better ourselves. As a relatively new organisation, everyone is expected to get stuck in and help grow our business alongside their client projects. We look out for each other and make sure everyone is kitted out with a robust coaching, mentoring and support system, and we build deliberate moments throughout the week for our community to pause, create, share and have a laugh.
We encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work, focus on building a positive work-life balance, and keep their passion alive through passion projects and side hustles.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least four years’ experience in a management consulting. Most of our people come from a consulting background, and use solid consulting fundamentals to solve employee engagement and experience challenges for our clients. Bonus points if you’ve got experience working in change, communications, transformation or strategy work.
- Planning and leading employee engagement and experience work. You have experience in leadingsmall teams across various stages of the creative lifecycle - from unpacking client problems, understanding audiences, prototyping solutions, to launching and stewarding campaigns and designs. This could be anything from articulating and launching a new company wide strategy to help people understand what it means for them, through to changing the culture and ways of working of a team through creative campaigns and behaviour science techniques.
- Outstanding communications skills. You’re an exceptional storyteller, with the fluency and confidence to inspire teammates and clients. You have clear points-of-view and are comfortable articulating these to clients and colleagues.
- Serious problem solving skills . You get excited by complex problems, and love picking them apart, understanding them and breaking them down into simple chunks, before taking a human-centric approach to solution design.
- Creative Approach. You don’t have to be a graphic designer, but you are flexible and open-minded, using both sides of your brain to understand and communicate information in original ways. You love coming up with new and exciting ways to help our clients.
A nice to have:
- You’ve got visual design experience: You can produce clear and compelling visual communication, with proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite but you’re not a snob; you know your way around a PowerPoint too.. You’ve got a good understanding of the principles of design, what works and what doesn’t, and you’ve got a thirst to develop these skills further in your work.
Please click apply and submit your CV and if applicable, your portfolio.
Sparks Grove is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.