North Highland Senior Accountant in San Francisco, California
CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT. GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES. MAKE YOUR MARK.
North Highland has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
Our Client is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. They are looking for someone who has the ability to work with large amounts of information, synthesize trends and insights, and communicate findings to an executive audience. This person will have the ability to collaborate with business partners to transform operational data into insights, build working models to foresee challenges, and influence others to take action. We're looking for someone with demonstrated analytical experience who can operate independently and proactively, identify outliers, and use sound reasoning and logic to make decisions.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA.
Core job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform monthly close processes: journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis
• Perform budget vs. actual analysis reviews with various levels of management
• Own budget preparation for Business Plan and other forecast updates
• Own limited aspects of corporate submissions and J&J financial reporting
• Partner with cross-functional business counterparts to develop annual business plans and analyze year-to-date performance and historical trends; collaborate with responsible parties to develop action plans to close any identified gaps; make financial updates in accordance with the J&J financial calendar
• Handle inter-company transactions with affiliate companies
• Maintain SOX control documentation and participate in SOX testing and audit activities as needed
• Lead, innovate, and execute a range of value-creating projects to drive superior business results; ad hoc projects include data analysis, insights generation, and communication of results
• Own revenue reporting, including but not limited to: revenue reconciliation, incentive compensation payment processing, biweekly sales pipeline reporting, and operational improvements to support optimization of digital sales and media fulfillment
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree is required, preferably with a major in finance or accounting
• 3+ years of progressive experience in financial analysis, accounting, reporting, and planning
• Experience with SOX compliance
• Track record of successfully delivering analyses that drive tactical and strategic decision-making
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills to include VLOOKUPS, pivot tables, formulas, and the ability to build and use complex models
• High level of proficiency in crafting PowerPoint presentations, along with the ability to present to all levels of leadership within the organization
• SAP experience preferred
• CPA or CMA preferred; we will support ongoing certification efforts
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Highly organized, dedicated, and passionate about the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with a broad range of responsibility
Click HERE to apply
North Highland is a global management consulting firm known for helping clients solve their most complex challenges related to customer experience, performance improvement, technology and digital, and transformation. We add value and support our clients across the full spectrum of consulting, from strategy through delivery. We bring the big ideas, then we make them real. North Highland is an employee-owned firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with more than 3,000 consultants worldwide and 60+ offices around the globe. The firm is a member of Cordence Worldwide, a global management consulting alliance. For more information, visit northhighland.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.